Our values, vision, and mission together with your well-being and the well-being of people who use our services continue to be our top priority during the current pandemic.
This week, look for the following updates:
SUPPORT PEOPLE TAB
- The COVID-19 Weekly Preparedness Checklist was updated for the week of September 25th to October 1st.
Thank you for your continuous feedback on the resources for visits! The visiting resources were reviewed and the following were updated to meet your needs and those of locations as you welcome different types of visitors:
- The COVID-19 Visitor Checklist is now titled “COVID-19 Visiting Record” and has been optimized to provide direction on required documentation for Essential, Non-Essential, Designated Visitors, and Essential Overnight Visits. The updated version will be released in the ODB next week and a program email will be sent to notify you once it is launched. Please continue to use the current COVID-19 Visitor Checklist that is in the ODB until the new one is published.
- The Visiting Guide for Locations and Visiting Guide for Families and Friends (also at christian-horizons.org/coronavirus) have been updated to remind designated visitors that some locations may have certain times where visits can more easily be accommodated.
We acknowledge that these are challenging times as we all adjust our family life to the new normal- whether that is organizing homeschooling, arranging online learning, or sending your kids to school. We know you have questions related to possible COVID-19 exposure as our families start to have more social interactions in the community. We want to remind you that there are resources available that address exposure and can help with questions that you may have:
Thank you for bearing with us as we navigate these realities with COVID-19 surging in different communities at times. We know you have questions – we do too. We continue to seek clarity and the best practices for your wellness and safety. Please continue to connect with your direct supervisor to address your specific situations and questions. We will review all of our resources in greater depth in the coming weeks to support you as best as we can in making the best decisions for you, your family (e.g. “what should I do if my child has the sniffles or a cough?”), and people who use our services.
Please do not hesitate to continue to ask your questions or provide feedback on forms, protocols, checklists, etc. It has been your feedback and diligence that helps to make things better every day!
Premier Doug Ford has announced COVID-19 tests will be available in up to 60 pharmacies across the province of Ontario starting on Friday. Please continue to be vigilant, practice good hygiene, and seek testing when needed. More information can be found here
; below are some quick facts about the initiative:
- Beginning September 25, up to 60 pharmacy sites, including Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall and independent pharmacies, will provide testing for Ontarians with no COVID-19 symptoms.
- Testing is available at any of the province’s 150 assessment centres currently open, and at participating pharmacies starting Friday. To find the closest pharmacy or assessment centre, please visit Ontario.ca/covidtest.
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill. If you are experiencing any symptoms or worried you have been exposed to COVID-19, you should get tested at an existing assessment centre.
- For added protection, download the COVID Alert app from the Apple and Google Play app stores.
Questions or suggestions about any of the resources listed on the site?
Send us an email to let us know: email@example.com