See the latest “Weekly Preparedness Checklist” for an overview of this week’s action points.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Please complete the LMS PPE Procedures training.
Quick Guide: PPE Donning and Doffing Instructions Ontario
Quick Guide: PPE Donning Instructions Saskatchewan
Quick Guide: PPE Doffing Instructions Saskatchewan
Hand Wash Poster: Soap and Water (ON)*
Hand Wash Poster: Alcohol Based Hand rub (ON)*
Proper Glove Use*
What Mask to Wear, When (Poster)*
Quarantine Zone PPE Caution Poster*
(For suspected or confirmed outbreak)
Other posters and videos are for use as needed, or for review. Click the button below for additional resources.
|Hand Hygiene||How to Hand Wash (WHO)
How to Hand Rub Poster (WHO)
|How to Hand Wash (PHO)|
|Full PPE|| Community Living TO (Training Video)
Putting on – Short (PHO)
Taking off – Short (PHO)
|Gown|| ON Community Living TO (4:08)
OFF – Community Living TO (SECOND)
|How to Put On a Mask
Note: Need guidance on N95 respirators? (See “When to wear a mask”).
| ON Community Living TO (5:35)
OFF – Community Living TO (LAST)
Why/When to Wear (WHO)
How to Wear (WHO)
|Goggles||Manufacturer’s instructions should be followed when cleaning goggles. See PPE FAQ for more.
Note: Other sources instruct to take off eye protection before gown. Public Health Ontario advises to remove gown before eye protection.
| ON – Community Living TO (7:20)
OFF – Community Living TO (THIRD)
|Gloves||Note: This video shows gloves UNDER the gown. We recommend OVER the gown, though guidance varies.|| ON – Community Living TO (7:57)
OFF – Community Living TO (FIRST)
GUIDANCE AND RESOURCES
- COVID-19 Preparedness Checklist* (Last Updated June 29th)
The checklist is tracked through the ODB COVID-19 Preparedness Checklist, instructions here. Reminder: Download listed, updated documents by clicking the link at the bottom of the ODB checklist.
- Hand Sanitizer Recall List
- Updated as of February 9th
- Enhanced Cleaning Poster*
Cleaning tips from public health and other sources to be followed when COVID-19 cases are present.
- COVID-19 CPR Protocols*
Guidance from the Canadian Red Cross on providing CPR for people who may have COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ
- The Covid-19 Vaccine FAQ covers frequently asked questions about Covid-19 vaccines (this resources will be updated with new information as it becomes available)
- Supervisor Audit Tool During COVID-19
- The supervisor audit tool will be available as a resource if a more focused approach towards IPAC practices is required.
EMPLOYEE SCREENING DOCUMENTS
People who use our services:
Flowcharts for guidance on COVID-19 exposure for people supported.
Flowcharts for guidance on COVID-19 exposure for employees.
- Help Reduce the Spread of COVID-19
- How to isolate at home
- Cleaning and Disinfection for Public Settings
- COVID-19 Cleaning Checklist Template
- If you are still seeing the Nov 2020 version of the checklist please clear your cache and try again.
- COVID-19 Cleaning Protocol
- This resource including frequency of cleaning should be adapted based on local requirements
- Covid-19 Location Cleaning Protocol Poster
- Locations can record their cleaning protocols (ex. which disinfectant to use and how to properly use it).” The cleaning checklist is the tool to track required cleaning. The poster is about providing instructions on how to clean
Rapid Antigen Screening
To support the implementation of Rapid Antigen screening initiative, we have developed Rapid Antigen Screening Instructions to assist and equip employees conducting this rapid antigen, point-of-care screening. To learn more about the rapid test and how to handle biohazardous waste, please review the embedded Instructions document below. A list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) is included.
ACTIVITIES AND VISITS IN ONTARIO
We are pleased to be able to host families once again in Ontario. The COVID-19 Visiting Guide for Locations (NEW). includes a visit planning form to help you schedule and prepare to host upcoming visits while complying with MCCSS guidelines.
DIRECT SUPPORT LOCATIONS – EMERGENCY RESPONSE PLAN
We have heard the importance of having clear plans and supports in place when responding to cases of COVID-19 at a location. We have released a new Emergency Response Plan – Site Specific Pandemic Addendum. This tool will help bring consistency to our program response plans across Christian Horizons and ensure that all the information needed during an outbreak is easily accessible for everyone. Most locations will already have a lot of this information included in a plan, however, this will be a way to ensure no areas are being missed.
FEEDBACK AND NOTES
Troubleshooting: If you are seeing a previous version of a file, try clearing your browser’s cache, or using a different browser.
LET US KNOW